"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, January 12, 2009






We celebrated "Ethiopian Christmas" on Epiphany. We made traditional Ethiopian food and played games! We had so much fun. The kids helped us cook doro wat, shiro, atiklt (my favorite) and green chicken. It was really good and our cooking is improving all the time! The outfits the boys are wearing are traditional clothes from Wolayta (their tribe). The girls clothes are all traditional Ethiopian clothes and the rest of us wore scarves to fit in...

1 comment:

Kathyb1960 said...

I love all their clothes! They look really great, but what I also love, is that HUGE CLOCK on your wall! That is really neat!