"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings

I was teary eyed most of Thanksgiving Day... watching my 6 kids run around like maniacs and having a blast was an amazing feeling. I kept remembering that a year ago people were still asking, "why would you do that?" and "are you sure this is something you REALLY want to do?" A year ago we knew nothing about our kids. And much of what we thought we knew was wrong. Now I know that Jacob is one of the most competetive children I have ever met and the ONLY time he doesn't have a ball in one hand is when he is sleeping (and even then I often find a baseball in bed with him). I know that Marti Grace is compassionate and kind. I know that this young lady loves God with her whole heart and is working hard to understand the plans He has for her. I now know that Joseph is intense and driven and REALLY good with kids! He is a wonderful young man and I am thankful for the example he is to the rest of the kids. A year ago I was terrified that he would be a bad influence on Danny... I am so glad I was so wrong!

So... 5 turkeys, 20lbs of stuffing, 12 dozen rolls, 52 family members and 1,000 smiles later I am still misty eyed and Thankful for my family!

No comments: