"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, December 1, 2008

A sad day...



It is a sad day... I think our Suburban is about to be "put out of its misery". I am so sad. I love my beautiful green Suburban. I love the color. I love that it is the first time I saw all 6 of my kids smooshed together in a car. I love that whenever we are in it the kids are laughing, fighting, singing or telling jokes. I am not ready to say goodbye to my car.

But our friendly mechanic says it is just about time. He can't figure out what is wrong and has fixed the same problem 3 times... once was last week. Ben is beyond stressed out about the whole thing, knowing that the cost of a new car is not really in our budget. We have been praying that we could wait a year to buy a new-to-us car... oh well!

Tonight I test drove the mother of all vans! There was nothing mini about the monstrosity I drove... I felt like I should have been wearing a name tag and taking tickets for the the "riders". It was crazy. All the coolness I have driving the Suburban was sucked away the minute I stepped into THE VAN. Even though we didn't buy it... the coolness factor was still gone! I know I am not a super-cool mom, but I lived in a fantasy world that I was in fact still a little bit cool. Now I shake my head... I am/was a VAN driving dork! :)

I have spent the last hour looking for a van like what we drove but in any color other than white! REALLY, a white van... Joseph kept shaking his head and saying, "Mom, we are not a school. This van for school." I would love a red one... well, love is a little too strong but it would be better.

A lot better.

Tonight we will pray about what to do... maybe tomorrow it will be "The Suburban has been fixed by the magic car fairy day" That would be good.

2 comments:

jody said...

Toyota Siennas fit 6 passengers and 2 drivers-and still look like NORMAL mini van from the outside-just sayin' :) (and they come in lots of nice colors)

Unknown said...

I'm saying prayers for you to find the perfect car for your family!

Judi Cortes