"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Jeans Shopping 101

Today I charted new territory. I went to a land I would be glad to NEVER visit again. EVER. The jeans dept. of Kohls and JC Penney is truly an evil place. But I did learn how to survive.
  1. Do NOT under any circumstances point out jeans that you "the mom" thinks are cute.
  2. When you say, "No, you can't have those jeans. I will not buy jeans with holes already in them." Do it QUIETLY so all the other people in "JeanLand" don't laugh.
  3. When finding jeans that are acceptable to both parties, hide the ones that cost $30.

I did survive. I am wiser for the experience.

I am also considering sending Ben next time. But I am pretty sure that one or both will not survive if I did send them together.

I would like to thank all of you who have saved me from this experience any earlier. Hand me downs are truly a gift. They kept me out of the mall and Marti under the assumption that all clothes came from a bag from your mom's car.

I used to think I was "cool".

I am now painfully aware that I am most definately NOT COOL

3 comments:

Willowbrook Mom said...

Oh Brooke... you will always be cool to me. I dread the day that my opinion is no longer cool to T... I think it may already be starting!

Kurt and Kayla said...

I feel your pain! I DREADED going with Addisyn. I scoped out places with the cheapest jeans that were the smallest stores so that it would minimize being overwhelmed with choices. Then we got hand me downs with alot of jeans. I was soooooo happy!!!!!!! I have been able to skip the shopping this time.

Anonymous said...

Dear Brooke,
Did you receive the comment I posted the other day about how our children know each other from Wollayta? Our son Judah (formerly Habib Yirga) was friends with your son Addisu, and is very anxious to get in touch with him. Would you mind if Judah emailed your Joseph? Please let me know! Blessings, Elizabeth