"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, October 17, 2008

The New Normal

Each day seems to get better.  The hard days get easier and the kids seem happier.  Dinner time is probably my favorite part of the day.  The laughter, reminders to keep elbows off the table and the silly stories about each kids day is enough to make my head spin.  In a good way!  J 

 

We have been home for 6 ½ months and the “new normal” is really good.  When I used to hear that term “new normal” (referring to what it was like as a family adjusts to more people) I didn’t understand what that meant.  I think there was a huge part of me that thought it meant that everyone was happy and things were similar to the way they had been before.  They’re not.  Our lives are very different nearly 7 months later.  But it’s OK and we are all liking our new normal.  Our new normal means we eat at home a lot more.  Our new normal means there is always homework to be done.  Our new normal means that there is something going on EVERYDAY of the week!  Our new normal means you are never lonely.  Our new normal means that the number of hugs and kisses we get each day has multiplied exponentially.  J

 

There are days when the simplicity of life without any kids seems wonderful.  But mostly I just wonder what we did and what we talked about. 

 

So, the new and improved normal at our house is going well. 

No comments: