"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

These boys need a forever family

When we were leaving the orphanage for the last time their was a boy sobbing while waving goodbye to Joseph. He was handsome and sweet and Joseph's best friend. They had been friends in Wolaita and were together again at the orphange. We wanted to keep in touch and asked everyone of our Ethiopian adoptee families if they knew who was bringing them home. I recently found out that no one is bringing them home. Their adoption fell through and they are waiting. I have a picture of the oldest boy. He is handsome... he is about 12 and his brother is around 8. They are from a nice family. His brother has recently been diagnosed as having partial hearing loss and diabetes. Because of their age and the younger ones medical issues there are additional funds grants that are available to subsidize their adoption. It won't pay for it all - probably not even half, but it will help.

Adoption is hard. Harder than I ever imagined it would be. More wonderful too.

So, if you think you would like more information, email me or post a comment of the blog and I will send you what I know and the contact information for the case worker handeling their adoption.

The rest of you... will you join me in praying for a family for the boys? No child should ever have to go to bed at night wondering.

No comments: