"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, June 16, 2008

I absolutely love summer vacation!

What is not to love??? I actually sang, "It's the most wonderful day of the year..." in the hallway today as I greeted my teacher friends with a goofy smile! My kids (except for Joseph who had a FABULOUS last day) have all been done since last Wednesday and are now asking if today is Saturday everyday! They are in vacation mode! I am enjoying my first hours of freedom by packing for our trip to the coast! I am so excited to take the kids to the zoo and the beach! I am actually more excited than they are! :) We have friends staying here at the house to take care of the dogs, so I guess I better add cleaning to my list of things that need to be done before we leave early tomorrow morning!

Packing for 8 is a science and as much as I love lists and organizing - it is still making my brain spin! I made flash cards today with the following:
  • 1 stuffed animal
  • 4 pairs of shorts
  • 5 t-shirts
  • 3 sweatshirts (it is supposed to be cold)
  • 2 pairs of pants
  • 1 towel
  • sleeping bag
  • jacket
  • flip flops
  • swimsuit
  • 5 pairs of underwear
  • 5 pairs of socks
  • 2 pairs of pj's

My plan is to give each child a card so that they can find the required items and then return the card and items to me. I will write each kiddos initials on the back of the cards when I receive the items and then give them the next card... It SHOULD work. Maybe.

Can you think of anything I forgot? I am actually buying everyone a new toothbrush so that I can pack them tonight and we won't have to worry about them in the morning! My list is a bit longer so I had better get to work! Have a great week and if you get a chance to pray for gorgeous beach weather - that would be terrific!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SuN Screen

Sherry said...

I will definitely pray for gorgeous beach weather...and I am so jealous! I need the beach right now.

Don't forget to have the kids pack their backpacks with some snacks and games or other amusements for the drive. Maybe a pillow and an extra swimsuit just in case!

Have fun!