"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, June 23, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I am writing to you from a VERY MESSY house! I am so glad to be home. We had a fabulous trip and the kids loved every minute of it! They loved the zoo, the Portland Children's Museum, THE BEACH, and the 67 people at our family reunion! I loved watching their eyes light up throughout our weekend. It was so much fun!
Hangin' With the Kids!
The kids loved the water and pretty much DOVE RIGHT IN!
We went out to breakfast to celebrate my birthday! The kids got a little tired of the "normal" pictures so we took a few silly ones too!We are making "fish faces" at Bonneville Fish Hatchery! Feeding the fish was lots of fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brooke! It was nice to meet you briefly today between soccer games! I think I saw a link to your family blog on the "adoptafricaeasternwashington" yahoo list. How cool to see your family in REAL life! :)

My husband and I have two boys, both adopted as babies. Our five year old is South African and our three year old was born in Indiana.

Here's some info about the get-together for families with kids from Ethiopia/Africa/Haiti.

"Just a reminder we are meeting at Leslie Groves park (north end near
playground)tomorrow evening for ice cream. I will bring enough ice
cream bars for all of us. We'll be bringing a sack lunch for ourselves
and plan to be there at 5:30 to eat our Penautbutter sandwiches before
ie cream. Please share this invite with anyone you think might be
interested. My number is 205-7672 if you have any questions.

Also remember July 6th, potluck at our (Feser's) house. That will get
started at 3:30 so there is time to play before supper.

Julee"

Sherry said...

LOVE the silly faces...looks like everyone had a great time. I would love to hear more about the reunion!

Welcome home!!