"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Easy Dinner

Tonight we had what I would call one of the 3 easiest dinners ever... Hot dogs, chips, carrots and root beer - nutritious, I know! The boys have baseball and then Ben has school board and I am trying to study for my test, we are trying to put up our new inflatable pool, the house is a mess and Ben hurt his back - so an easy dinner was on the menu.

I was telling the kids how much I love Easy Dinners when Marta said she also liked to make easy dinner. She told us that she "start at 6 and finish at 7 - I LOVE EASY DINNER! " I replied - "Easy dinner, cook 1 HOUR!!!" to which Lilly replied, "Mom, you would go crazy if you cooked for 1 hour!" It's true - if I am REALLY cooking a nice dinner then MAYBE I am in the kitchen for an hour... maybe! It is amazing to me what their life was like 2 months ago... it is amazing to me that they have slid so easily into their new lives and home and family!

I am so glad that Marta does not have to be in charge of cooking anymore - she loves to help and I am glad for that. But most of all, I am glad she just gets to be a kid again!

No comments: