"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Why I LOVE my kids.

Joseph - because he is kind and loving. Because every morning he gives me a kiss and says, "Good Morning Mom, I love you". He cuddles with Addy and reads his Bible whenever he gets a chance.

Marta - because she loves having a mom. She is so happy to cuddle with me, read with me, and help me cook. She is learning her role in the house and wants to be helpful, while I want her to be a kid. She is so good with Lilly and they have had great fun bonding!

Danny - because he is adjusting so well to not being the oldest, because he still climbs in my lap to give me hugs and because his laugh is my favorite sound in all the world.

Jacob - have you seen his smile??? Seriously what is not to love. He is funny (all 6 of them are) and smart and he loves to learn! I love that he is kind and tough and loves having a mommy!

Lilly - oh my little Lilly Bean. She is perhaps the most displaced out of all of them and yet her compassion and tenderness are allowing her to help the other kids adjust. She is waiting patiently to be able to paint nails - she can hardly wait. Lilly's spunk and kindness make her lovable and irrisistable. I often tell people that she is everything I ever wanted in a daughter

Addy - who has not let me put her down since we got home... is funny (she is SO funny), sweet and loves to cuddle. Each day her words come faster and more clear and she loves to love on all of us. She has decided that in the middle of all of this that she wants to use the potty - gotta love it! :)

Ben - my biggest kid of all... I love him because he is an amazing Godly man. Because in Ethiopia he was not uptight, stressed out, in a hurry or cranky... he tells people that he now runs on Ethiopian time (20 minutes late) :) He loves our kids, cherishes me and is truly amazing!

I am blessed indeed!

Today we are off to the climbing wall - can't wait to see the reactions!

No comments: