"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

News from the laundry room...


To Korina, Teresa and all those whose kind and gentle reminders are pulling me to the computer to update you all on this adventure... :)


Right now Danny and Jacob are playing baseball, they are so stinkin' cute together. Marta is getting dressed but definitely missing home. When I checked on her a few minutes ago she was looking through her photo album of all her friends... she really misses them. We put all of her treasures (2 photo albums and a note pad) into a box on her bed. I told the little girls to keep their hands off her treasures - I think that helped Marta a bit and established some personal space for my Marta. Lilly and Addy are swinging and Joseph and Ben are touring Desert Hills so Joseph can know what it will be like when he starts school. These kids are beyond amazing and I am so glad HE called me to THESE children! Many times (well maybe 10 times) over the past few months I have wondered why God called us to big kids... maybe even a tiny bit wishing he had called us to younger ones... I no longer wish or wonder any of it - I just praise God that he gave us these children to love and call our own. They fit beautifully - we fit beautifully together. It reminds me of a puzzle when you can't find that last piece... you look all over under the table, in your lap and when you finally find it you fit it in and look back and admire how perfect it is... That is how it is for Ben and I. We keep looking at each other in amazement that it is SO GOOD!


Some of the fun moments of the last day have included...

Joseph in the battery operated jeep

The girls cuddled in bed watching Little House on the Prairie

The 4 little ones cuddled on the couch drinking hot chocolate

The look of wonder when I (Brooke) drove the car

The look of wonder when Ben cooked breakfast AND cleaned the kitchen

The way Marta came and got me to help her learn how to do laundry - WOO HOO


Life is great! Keep praying! :)

1 comment:

Sherry said...

That was lovely Brooke. You are blessed beyond measure. :) The children look wonderful and like they are adjusting well. I am enjoying following your blog and am glad you are safely back home. :)