"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Packing

This packing thing is amazing... just when you think you can handle it - a wrench is thrown in. I haven't actually started packing but I keep thinking it should be OK. And then today I TRIED to start. I was thrown for a loop when I remembered that I HAVE NO IDEA what size my kids wear (how weird is that).

On top of that, I can't figure out how much dark chocolate I need to take. Somehow this has taken precedence over EVERYTHING else... Dark chocolate is supposed to combat Altitude sickness issues. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia is 7,726 miles above sea level and we were told to bring dark chocolate... so how much? A bar, 2 bars, 200... my family knows well that when I get stressed out I often buy very strange things. Like the time I had to stay up all night for a brain scan test (I was fainting) and spent 2 hours at WalMart from 2am-4am... I bought THE UGLIEST pair of shoes anyone has ever seen. I think the lady on Mama's Family might have worn them with pride, but NO ONE ELSE WOULD BE CAUGHT DEAD in them... well except for me at 4am. I actually wore them for about 2 days until I caught back up on my sleep and realized how hideous they were. So now, if you see me walking out of Fred Meyer with more than 3 bars of dark chocolate - kindly call my husband and DON'T let me drive myself home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck, I don't know what size I wear; I can't imagine packing for someone I haven't seen in person before!

LISA said...

SIzes would be hard to figure out!! Maybe lots of athletic pants?