"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Exceeding ALL Expectations

Time and again throughout this journey - my expectations of what I think will happen have been far too small. What I hope and believe will occur are not even close to the real thing because the real thing is so much better.

Now all glory to God, who is able,
through his mighty power at work within us,
to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
Ephesians 3:20
When friends offered to help with the auction, I still thought I would have to do most of the work... I was wrong. My friends accomplished more than I ever dreamed. Still today, people comment on my "amazing friends." And they are amazing! When we began this process I thought we would have to take out a $10,000 loan to cover the adoption expenses... I was wrong - it will be FAR less! I thought we would have to cancel the Yard Sale... I was wrong, my mother-in-law saved the day. I thought that IF we ever were to adopt, I would have to talk Ben into it... I was so very wrong. Time and again God has used HIS people to accomplish amazing things - I am humbled by the fact that we were able to be a part of it all.
Thank you, for being a part of this plan... to bring our (HIS) kids home!

No comments: