"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Empty

This is Lilly's latest question. The first time she asked, I basically ignored her. The second time she asked, I gave an answer to make her stop asking. I am hoping she asks again, because .... well, just because I want to give her an answer worthy of her question.

When we adopt the kids, will Ethiopia be empty?
When will it ever be empty?
I hope she doesn't ask soon because I do not have a good answer yet. I just know that I hope it is never empty. I hope that medicines are made available. I hope that the crops grow. I hope that the water sources are clean. I hope that our kids mom is able to access the anti-viral drugs she needs. Hmmmm....
Prayer Requests:
Today (or tomorrow) our kids' mom will be making a very grueling trip to sign away her rights to her/our children. Writing that brings tears to my eyes because there is no way for me to imagine what that would be like. The courts require that she come to Addis Ababa or if she has passed away, that the correct letters must be written. Please pray that (if she is still alive) she is able to make the trip, that her stamina is enough, and that she is able to spend time with the kids. I am sure that they worry about her and wonder how she is... pray for a time of closure and healing for all of them. When you go to bed on Wednesday night, remember to pray. Pray for the correct paperwork, the judges, the kids and their Anat (Anat is mom in Amharic).

No comments: