"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Correction

The total from the Yard Sale was $4507.00!!!! I think my sleepy brain couldn't add last night - and what fun it was to wake up and realize I had made a mistake - in our favor!!! WooHoo again! I LOVE this!!!! I am just amazed by all that has happened and all that will happen in the few weeks and I am thrilled with ALL that He has done! I am nearly speechless... nearly! :)

I have spent the past hour looking at our budget, totaling costs and have discovered that we are left with $2270 in debt from this adoption. How is that possible? How (when we used to live paycheck to paycheck) is is possible that this is all that is left? How? We are NEAELY debt free, still have a (small) savings account, are tithing more... how did this happen? We have scrimped a bit (OK, a lot) but we were still able to give. My friend Lisa gave me a fabulous spreadsheet to budget my money, and that helped. I started reading Total Money Makeover (I think that is the name) before we decided to adopt and kept thinking... "Dave Ramsey would not like what we are about to do." But, we knew God's leading - that was so clear. When we began this adventure we were sure that we would have to take out a loan for $10000 and now will only be left with 1/4 of that. Thanks to the "Economic Stimulus" thing-a-ma-jig we will get to pay that off too! How cool is that? This is probably more than any of you need to know about our budget... but I am just so very excited that God has (once again) taken care of EVERY NEED!

Thank you to all of you who have prayed, donated, laughed (with me, not at me), rejoiced, and traveled with us on this first part of our adventure! I cannot imagine what the next part will bring, but I know that God has the details, supplied the friends, and wants our newest children to come home!

No comments: