"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

First of all... no news yet about our Embassy Date, so please keep praying that we will hear soon!

Now onto one of my favorite topics... St. Patrick's Day. 14 years ago today, I met the man of my dreams! Ben and I were both at Cal Lu and were out for St. Patty's Day. We were at the favorite dance club (yes, we were dancing) for us college kids and a few minor celebrities. Ben was wearing his Sonics sweatshirt (I eventually ruined it in the wash) and looked super cute. Our college was only about 2700 students so we knew that we both went to school together - but I didn't know his name. We started dancing together and talking a bit just before my friends were ready to leave for the night. Ben and I said goodnight (I gave him a kiss on the cheek) and I went home. Ben stayed for another hour or two - you will have to ask him about how he got home that night - it is one of his favorite stories! :) A few days later I made up a super lame excuse to stop by his room and found him reading on the couch. I thought "wow, he is cute AND he likes to read." He has told me since that it was the only book he read in college... and it was just on that night... :) He asked me out... well actually he didn't have a car so we rented a movie and watched it in my dorm room. It was a horrible movie but the date was fun. The rest is history... :) Most of my friends (and several of his) were so surprised that we fell in love. He was a hunter from Washington and I was a vegetarian from California... somehow it just works! I love that we bring out the best in each other and I am so glad he is mine!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

>I thought "wow, he is cute AND he likes to read." He has told me since that it was the only book he read in college.<

I burst out laughing at that! Thanks!

Happy 'anniversary' to both of you! We like to celebrate the day we met as well...it was Feb 16, 1988 so we got to celebrate 20 years this past month. :) Actually, it was the day we REmet because we first met when I was 10 (in 1977) and he was 15, but that makes me feel REALLY old so we don't go there! hehe