"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Yard Sale

What a day! Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine today being so perfect. It was cold, breezy and started hailing 45 minutes before the end of the yard sale. And STILL we made $2500! Can you believe it???? We were also given a $1600 matching grant from Thrivent Financial for Lutherans so our grand total is $4100. WOW! I feel like my head could fall off from all the times I catch myself thinking, "I can't believe it" while shaking my head back and forth. It is just crazy! We were blessed so many times today and are so thankful. Jan and I both had favorite moments today, when we were able to bless others with the items for the yard sale. At one point, later in the day a woman came with her tiny baby and asked about a car seat. I said $20 and then walked away when she said no. Soon she came to find me and asked if I would take $6. Normally, I would have said, "no" because it was practically brand new and gorgeous... but I said yes took the money and walked away. A few minutes later I happened to look in her direction and she was puting the baby into the carseat... she didn't have one before that moment. The baby had been laying on the seat without a car seat as they traveled around town. Now I know that many grandma's out there would say, "that's how we did it with you, and you turned out fine!" But I know that today things are different. We were able to bless that family today with a couple "baby essentials" that made that woman's day... and kept her baby safe. That was the highlight for me. Other highlights include the amazing help we had, the delicious lasagna, muffins and coffee that were delivered for the workers and the friends who, once again, amazed me with their willingness to give up precious family time to help us... WOW! I turned to one friend early in the day and ecxitedly told her that I thought we might make $1000 today - I love being wrong!!!! So, for all of you who donated items, came to price treasures, brought us snacks, and came to shop - THANK YOU!!!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

WOOOOHOOOO!! Huge Congrats on doing so well. My prayers were for sunny and money, so glad at least the money part happened! hehe