"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, February 14, 2008

In True Blogger Fashion

It is customary... or so I have read, that when you post your 100th blog entry you do the following... So here it goes.





100 things you probably didn't know about me
  1. My favorite item of clothing is pajamas

  2. I am still a little bit afraid of the dark


  3. I wanted to be a singer when I was little - didn't matter that I can't sing


  4. I have a dog named "Fleabit" that I won when I was 2 - it was a dance contest


  5. I have been married for 11 1/2 years


  6. and I fell down 3 times on my wedding day
  7. I also jumped up in the air when pastor pronounced us husband and wife
  8. I love Jesus
  9. I am not very good at reading my Bible
  10. I really want to go on Missions trip someday
  11. I am addicted to reading adoption blogs


  12. and spend way too much time doing it


  13. I have ALWAYS said that i wanted to have 6 kids - but NEVER thought it would really happen


  14. I have always wanted to adopt


  15. Many people tell me that they knew I would "do something like this" (adopt) someday...


  16. I have 2 dogs and 1 cat


  17. I love Hannah Montanna - but mostly before she got so popular


  18. I can't tell you a single Top 40 hit


  19. The last 3 movies I have seen were kids movies


  20. I was on bed rest for a combined total of 14 months with all 3 pregnancies


  21. 100 things is going to be tricky


  22. My step-mom and I have the same birthday


  23. I have a my-space account to keep in touch with my high school friends


  24. I did not graduate from High School, I got my GED instead


  25. I have lived in at least 20 different houses or apartments (not counting college)


  26. I have a Master's Degree in Administration


  27. But I don't really want to be a Principal


  28. Because I HATE it when people are upset with me


  29. My husband and I met in a bar on St. Patrick's Day


  30. We always celebrate St. Patty's day and it is my favorite "romantic holiday"


  31. I am a Math Teacher


  32. But I had to take Algebra twice in high school because I was so bad at it


  33. I was bad at math as a kid too, it used to make my dad mad :)


  34. I love teaching math because I always tell the kids that I KNOW how it feels to NOT GET IT!!!


  35. When I was in 5th Grade I wanted to change my name to Theresa


  36. I used to be a cook at a Christian Summer Camp (Mt. Gilead)


  37. where I cooked more than 500 cookies in a single day


  38. I became a Christian at that camp - and still love Jesus today


  39. I like to play Webkinz games and earn my kids Webkinz Money


  40. I also like bejewled and Diner Dash


  41. I was a real waitress through college - the cooks were VERY mean to us


  42. I loved waitressing, at least in my memories, I did...


  43. I often forget how old I am - really


  44. I love to drive fast - just not in a minivan


  45. Someday I would love to own a convertible


  46. I think Ben is the funniest person I know


  47. I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers


  48. My older sister is one of my best friends, even though we are VERY DIFFERENT


  49. She is the 2nd funniest person I know - actually she is tied with my brother Luke


  50. I HATE brussle sprouts and lima beans


  51. I wanted to open an orphanage when I was little


  52. I get VERY nervous when I leave my kids with other people (even their grandparents)


  53. I can't wait to take my kids to Mt. Rushmore


  54. I ran for ASB secretary when I was in 8th grade - I won, even though I spelled Secretary wrong on my campaign posters


  55. My favorite flowers are daisies but I really like almost all flowers

  56. Except green or blue carnations - I really don't like those

  57. I cannot wait to finish my National Boards (but you probably already knew that)

  58. I hate cleaning the house

  59. But I love gardening

  60. I was a Resident Assistant (RA) in college

  61. When I moved to Eastern Washington I thought it would be pretty like Seattle, with lots of trees

  62. I was wrong - but now I love it here

  63. One of my favorite things to do on a Saturday morning is to take the dogs and kids to the river to play and throw rocks

  64. I don't love windy days, but I like watching the kids play when it is windy

  65. I LOVE watching Danny play baseball

  66. and watching Lilly play soccer - she is DETERMINED

  67. People say that I LOVE too many things

  68. I like to camp - but it is not nearly as relaxing as it used to be

  69. Friends are really important to me and I try to make time to talk to them as much as possible

  70. Lately, I have had VERY LITTLE time for friends

  71. I am nervous about meeting our kids for the first time

  72. and staying in a hotel room with them scares me too - what if they think we are weirdos?

  73. I used to take ice skating lessons
  74. I would not pull the wings off of a butterfly for $5000
  75. Ben says I'm crazy
  76. I was a vegetarian until I got pregnant with Danny
  77. But I still HATE touching raw meat
  78. I like to color pictures with the kids

  79. My favorite thing about having kids is the jokes and laughter

  80. and the cuddles and the kisses
  81. and the dinner time conversation
  82. When we were on our honeymoon, I tried to get Ben to buy us "matcher sweatshirts"
  83. He didn't, but he did buy one for me that I still love
  84. I love stupid movies like Dumb and Dumber
  85. I still love Shirley Temple movies
  86. I decorate my house for every season - even 4th of July
  87. When I am mad or frustrated, I bounce my legs up and down
  88. I have always wished that I had better handwriting
  89. When my sister and I were little my dad would sing and play his guitar for us before we went to bed
  90. sometimes he would sing "Good Night Ladies"
  91. I still hate that song
  92. Going to Ethiopia will be the biggest adventure of my life
  93. My favorte vacation was a 5 day rafting trip on the Salmon River
  94. It was freezing cold the entire time - but we loved it
  95. I love it when Ben sings Garth Brooks songs
  96. I think I am REALLY FUNNY when I get tired
  97. and I laugh at all my own jokes
  98. I pick up worms that are on the sidewalk and throw them back in the grass so they don't die
  99. I delete 1/2 of what I write on my blog - sometimes it is too much information
  100. I absolutely LOVE my life - I am SO VERY THANKFUL for all of it!

No comments: