"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Happy Birthday, Danny Boy

I cannot believe my oldest baby is 7! I mean, I really can't believe it! He is so sweet and wonderful and he is growing up! I love that he is learning to be independent and kind and getting bigger, but I really don't want to lose the cuddle/snuggle mommy time either. Oh, how I would miss that. When he was a baby I made up this song for him... I sang it today to him and he smiled the cutest smile. Not the "I can't believe you are singing me this dorky song" smile. More like the "my mommy loves me" smile. It made me so glad.

Danny is so much the oldest of our family, I wonder what it will be like to become a middle child? Will he grieve for his "status" lost? Will he mind? He has such a heart for adoption and ministry that I believe God is preparing him for this time. But I still worry that it will be so hard. The last thing we want to do with all of this change is make life hard for the kids we have now. We heard from Ben's cousin today that E is most probably younger than 6 or 7... maybe closer to 5. I am not sure how Lilly would do with a "twin". Oh, well.

I was thinking about conversations I have had with friends and strangers over the last few years. I was remembering how many times I have said something along these lines...

Friend: So, you have 3 kids... are you done?
Me: Yes
Friends: I would be too, 3 kids is plenty
Me: Yes, but I would love 6. If I could afford it, I would have 6.

Several people have reminded me of those conversations over the last 4 months and it makes me laugh. I wonder if God laughed each time He heard those conversations... did He giggle a bit and say, "Oh, honey... if you only knew what I have in store for you! Hee Hee" Ben's Grandma's tear a day off calendar had this quote in it... "IF there is room in the HEART, there is room in the HOME". OK, enough of my random thoughts... have a great week, friends!

~Brooke

No comments: