"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A story

OK, I can't find original story but it goes something like this...

A man and his wife are wonderfully happy. Life is great and they both love their roles in the home. The family felt perfect, safe, and wonderful. One day, the husband and wife were cuddling in bed and the husband jumped up and ran to bring back a picture. He was so excited to show his wife what he had. He turned to her and said, "Honey, I love you so much... our life is so good. I cannot believe how happy I am. In fact I love you so much that..." At this point he hands his wife a picture of another woman. The woman is beautiful but looks nothing life the wife. She is confused and doesn't understand. At this point the husband continues, "I love you so much that I want another wife just like you. You can be best friends and life will be wonderful".

So... obviously, Ben is not taking another wife. The point of the story is how it sounds to children when we tell them we are adopting. I know Danny and Lilly understand what is happening and I pray that their adjustment is easy. I love the song 'Refiners Fire' but I don't want that for the kids... not now.

No comments: