"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thursday is finally here!

Now all glory to God, who is able,
through his mighty power at work within us,
to accomplish infinitely more
than we might ask or think.
Ephesians 3:20

We have been waiting for this day for weeks... I have been dreading the night before the auction because I have been worried that we will be up all night cooking, organizing - doing something. Instead, we took Ben's grandma out to dinner (Papa would have been 93 today) and cleaned the house. We packed 2 cars full of auction donations and read stories to the kids. We are ready for tomorrow - how is that possible? I know that God has given an extra measure of energy, patience, perseverance, and enthusiasm to all those who have been working hard to make this night possible. I am certain that this group of mom's would never have agreed to this, had they known what was coming - and yet here they are (smiling, no less). Thank you Anna, Lisa, Suzanne, Sara, Sarah, Sue, Kimberly, Wilma, Jan and all the husbands who are so wonderful to help their wives with each project! Thank you!

On another note... Ben just came down to tell me that he had this conversation with Danny and Lilly.
Danny: Dad, I have a question, but I think only God can answer it. I've been thinking about this for a long time now... I've been wondering, is Santa real?
Lilly: I've been wondering too, like for 2 weeks.
Ben: We'll talk about it tomorrow.

I would like to point out that Ben is gone early each morning which means I will be the one having to finish this conversation... EEEKKK! :)

No comments: