"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Outside the snow is falling...

And our friends are amazing... yahoo. Can you hear the song in your head. I have said the word "amazing" more than 100 times just today - are you sick of it yet? :) I am still just "amazed" by what is happening. I still cannot believe that we raised almost $9,000 on Friday. The night was perfect! We had the perfect amount of people (we are guessing between 250 and 280), the perfect amount of sauce, a lot of extra noodles, the perfect volunteers, great kids activities, and a wonderful selection of auction items. I keep thinking about the scrap book I am putting together for the kids about what it was like while we were waiting for them... I wonder if they will ever understand the beauty of that night. The people that came both friends and strangers - we are so touched by their presence. When we tell them the story of that night (and how their parents were hoping they would make $3,000) I hope they understand how many people are praying for them and can't wait to meet them. Ben and I keep talking too, about the friends we have who work so hard to afford their day to day expenses and how they were there and sharing what they had with us. We are humbled by everyone's generosity. So now, I am sitting here, watching the snow fall and praising God for the provisions he has blessed us with so that we can do what He is asking. He certainly didn't ask us to do this and then leave it to us to work out the details.

Well, enough of my rambling... Ben is on his way to go hunting and I am going to bake something warm and yummy and start praying for a 2 hour delay for tomorrow :)

No comments: