"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Message From Ethiopia

We received this message a few minutes ago - it is from Jacque who just returned from Ethiopia with their 18 month old.

Brooke-- I did get a few pictures of your kids. They are wonderful and so cute!!! What a sweet, sweet girl M is. She wanted me to tell you (your family) that she loves you. She must have given me a few dozen kisses -- she really is a doll. She's quite tall too, as is A . A is sooo handsome! You'll have a heartbreaker on your hands. E is so cute too -- he looks like he's quite a ham. I'll try to get you the pictures sometime soon. We've just moved into our new house, so we don't have our computer that we download our pictures on set up yet. The kids didn't want to open their gifts in front of us, not sure if they didn't want the other kids to feel bad or if they were embarrassed or what. So I just have picts of them holding them.

***************************************************

I am smitten! Is that the right word? I am so excited to hear they are wonderful and sweet and cute! I am glad to hear they are excited to meet us too, because sometimes I worry they will not want to come to America. We have another friend who is in Ethiopia today and passed along a message for us. We asked her to tell the kids that we love them already, and that they get to stay together when they get here and that we can't wait to meet them. We asked her to tell them that their new brother and sisters can't wait either and that we all pray for them often.

These days must be surreal for the kids. Seeing pictures of your new family, watching your friends leave the care center and wanting it to be your turn. Knowing what your new family looks like, but having no idea what all of that means. I can't imagine what their thoughts are like these days...

No comments: