"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, October 20, 2007

I couldn't have said it better myself!

This comes from the dad of the boys on the "Chosen Link" who happen to be friends of friends of friends... They live in Spokane and are working hard to help their children adjust!
From Patrick...
Someone asked the question, "Do you think it is irresponsible to pursue an adoption when you have no money to support it?" My answer, yes! Financing this whole thing was the very issue that made me tell Jennifer "no" when she first brought up the idea of adopting. This is an issue that is heavy on my heart and mind and I constantly fight to give it to Christ. But as I have reflected on this issue I have rested my mind on several points.



I would rather be obedient and irresponsible, than responsible and disobedient.
Noah was probably pretty irresponsible when he dedicated a huge portion of his life, earnings, and time to building a boat in the middle of nowhere.
Moses was probably pretty irresponsible when he led millions of people into the desert with little to no means of feeding, housing and protecting them.
Barnabas was probably pretty irresponsible when he approached Saul, the Christian killer, when no one else would trust his salvation experience.
Jesus was probably pretty irresponsible when he allowed people to beat Him, mock Him, and ultimately kill Him to save many people who hadn't even been born yet.

We "felt" like God was calling us to obey Him, to exercise our faith in doing something that didn't make sense. In that, we have been put into a place of trusting the Lord with things that we have absolutely NO control over. And He has been very faithful in starting this good work and we are convinced that He will complete it. So when I put it in that perspective, I figure we are traveling in pretty good company.

Ben and I also know that God is calling us to step out in faith and that by doing so HE will bless us! I am so thankful for the donations which have begun to arrive - when we began this journey we had no idea that God's blessings would come in such a way.

No comments: