"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What happened to Marta?

Those were the concerned words out of Lilly's mouth yesterday when I told Ben that I thought she was in a different "transition home" than the boys.
I replied something to the effect of "She's OK, it is nice you are worried about your sister."

And then I about lost it... It took a lot not to break down in tears right then... Lilly will have an older sister, and she already cares about her and prays for all of them each night. I was so touched by the concern and I think saying the words out loud just was an emotional moment for me.

On the adoption front... we heard from CWA and the cost is going to be closer to $16,000. There were several thousand dollars that had been paid by the other family that we thought would transfer to us, but we were wrong. I am working hard not to feel overwhelmed by the cost. It will be fine. The cost is not important, getting them here is what is essential. So, we have had friends share fundraising ideas. If you have any great ideas to share PLEASE let us know! Right now we are thinking spaghetti dinner and auction... what do you think? Maybe a raffle ticket type thing that people could take to work and sell for us?

I asked what the transition home is like and these are the "good" things people said:
  • they get 3 square meals a day
  • they have 1 or maybe 2 sets of clothes
  • they are going to school
  • they are getting regular medical care and the 2nd set of testing for various diseases
  • it's nice... by 3rd world standards

So, we are even more anxious to get the kids home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another very touching moment in this whole adventure!

I think all of those fund-raising ideas are good ones that people can get on board with to show their behind you.

You might also consider sponsorship letters. This has been my main form of fund-raising for both major mission trips I've been a part of, and I'm constantly amazed at how generous God's people are... especially in our own home congregation!

Thanks for keeping us updated!