"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How far we have come

Last year we took the kids out on the boat to teach them how to jump into the water, float with their life jackets and climb back into the boat. Safety first is my motto... Danny and Lilly were the only ones who were enthusiastic by the idea of swimming in the river.

Today we took the kids out for the first boat trip of the year and ALL 6 of them jumped into the river the same way they jump into the car when we tell them we are going for ice cream... they were so excited! Marti (who last year was clenched onto Ben tighter than I have ever seen anyone clench another person) jumped into the water, swam around and had a great time. Jacob did about a hundred karate-cowabunga-cannonball-things into the water (hoping to splash me everytime) and Addy, Danny, Lilly and Joseph also had a blast floating around the "mighty Columbia. It was so much fun to watch them all having so much fun.

And yes, once again, I did NOT jump into the water. I really don't like swimming where fish might bite me... despite the fact that I told the kids at least 30 times that, "the fish are more afraid of you than you are of them." Shhhh.... don't tell them I am afraid too. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By the way... we're still out here, still reading your blog, and we love it when there's new posts. Makes me want to come visit!

rubber ducky