"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, June 1, 2009

Hello

I cannot believe it has been nearly a month since my last post. Time has truly flown...

Here is a look back --

  • we moved out of our house and into Ben's parents house. Moving was pretty stressful but we had several friends who came and made it almost fun. Joseph and Marti were the stars of the move - I really don't know how we could have done it without them. They were amazing. Living with Ben's mom and dad has been great. I seriously never would have thought that 10 people in there house for an extended period of time (it's been over a week) would survive happily. We are all happy! Grandpa has been spoiling me and I have only cooked once since we have been there - we are blessed!!!!
  • the boys finished up their baseball season in 3rd place and are currently in the running for first place in the All City Tournament. Danny is a hot shot catcher and Jacob is pitching like a pro... I LOVE watching them play!! They have both hit home runs this year (did you hear me cheering - you probably did)!!!
  • Lilly is just about to graduate from Kindergarten - I cannot believe she is that old. Although there are days I would sware she's 12 instead of 6. She is so much fun and her laughter is one of my favorite sounds in the world.
  • Addy is turning into quite the big kid - and quite the ham. We were sitting at dinner the other night when she announced to us all, "Everybody PAUSE!!!! I have to go potty!" She is not one to miss the action and wanted to be sure that no one had any fun without her! She is also now a big girl and does not wear pull ups to bed! Hooray!
  • Marti finished up a great softball season! It was so much fun to watch her learn and have fun with the kids and the coaches. She is such an amazing kid and really loves her classmates.
  • we attended the Afro-American for Academics Society banquet with Joseph last night. He was honored for his terrific grades, what a thrill!!! He also starts football today -so prayers for an injury free season would be much appreciated!
  • we are signing papers to buy our Dream House today. It is nearly 3000 square feet with a huge kitchen, living room and plenty of bedrooms! It also has a fabulous above ground pool that we are going to LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • school is almost out... what more could we ask for??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to help you unpack and get settled and of course jump in the big pool! Love you all!
Kimsey Tribe