"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, March 30, 2009

What I have learned this year...

Here are some of the things that I have learned this year...
  • Being a mom to 6 kids is just what God had planned for me
  • Things like laundry and dishes are not as important as I thought
  • but they take more time than I have
  • Giving kids chores makes my life better - and their spouses will thank me someday
  • Ben is the best dad in the world
  • The best husband too
  • God is so good with the details
  • Taking this leap of faith has blessed ME in ways I would have never guessed
  • Having time for friends is super important
  • And I am thankful for the friends who lovingly get me out of the house and into Starbucks
  • That Starbucks was very helpful for my sleep deprived state the first few months
  • That a homemade dinner is sometimes over rated
  • Hannah Montana is no longer cute for 7-year-olds ~ she is way too sassy!
  • Muffins from Costco are sometimes worth the money
  • 2 dogs are sometimes 2 too many
  • Ethiopian kids may never like milk
  • Salsa is the most important item on my grocery list at all times
  • Even big kids like to cuddle (sort of)
  • Watching America's Funniest Home Videos as a family makes me super happy
  • Riding bikes with my kids is stressful
  • St Patrick's Day is really hard to explain
  • Ben does not eat broccoli no matter how many times I ask him to be a good example for the kids
  • Disneyland may never be in our budget
  • Our garbage gets full way too fast
  • Homework is an evil invention and I seriously have doubts about the benefits to children
  • and the benefits will NEVER outweigh the stress it causes parents
  • And I HATE Science Projects
  • I love reading with my kids, chapter books have really improved in the last 20 years
  • although I will always love Super Fudge!
  • Eating dinner outside is a great way to save my sanity
  • The Wii is a great bonding tool
  • Taking walks with my kids make them talk to me in ways that are very different
  • Making time for God somehow gives me MORE time for other things
  • Losing 25 pounds without exercise was harder than I thought it would be
  • I may never have time to exercise again
  • Reading a magazine brings me GREAT joy!
  • I love date nights more now than ever before in my life

OK... I am sure there are some other, much deeper, things that I have learned... but for now that is all I can think of!

No comments: