"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, March 6, 2009

March 6th...

A year ago today as I was driving down the street on my way home from a meeting my cell phone rang! It was the news we were waiting for - we had "passed court" in Ethiopia and the kids were OURS!!!!!!!!!

You can read my original post here.

It was such an exciting and overwhelming day! I can still feel the rush of joy and the panic as I realized we would be traveling to Ethiopia and hugging our kids SOON! Today, as I was thinking over that day, I had a realization. It was a year ago today that our kids became ours. It was also a year ago today that our kids saw their mom for the last time. Mesalech had to travel to Addis (an 8-10 hour drive) to reliquish her rights to the kids. She got to spend several hours with the kids as they awaited their turn at the court. I can't imagine what that must have been like for her.

My "Mommy Heart" was rejoicing like crazy and Mesalech must have felt like she was dying just a little bit. So... today I rejoice for the year that has come and gone... but I also ache for my kids and for Mesalech. A year without a hug... that would be so very very hard!

No comments: