"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, February 26, 2009

What a great surprise






The woman who originally placed our kids for adoption and my main point of contact throughout our adoption process recently returned from Ethiopia. She took pictures to Mesalech (our kids mom) and sent me these... Enjoy!


This picture is of Mesalech. She kissed EVERY picture we sent! From what I understand it was a very happy time for her.
This is Bereket with Mesalech. It is Bereket's phone we call when we call Ethiopia. He is a neighbor and good family friend and works with their church to help the widows and orphans.
This is (from left to right) Beniam who is about 2 1/2 or 3, Ashenafi who is around 5, Emanuel (a cousin whose parents recently died) who is around 9 or 10 and Mesalech. I wish you could have heard the kids when they saw these pictures. Jacob started telling funny stories about "Ashie" and they laughed and laughed about how much "Binnie" has grown up. Marti was the most emotional about all the pictures and enjoyed having time to just look at them and pray for them. I am so thankful for these pictures and the contact Michelle made - we will be getting a letter from Mesalech this week - I can't wait!

2 comments:

Kathyb1960 said...

HOW WONDERFUL!

I know you have been trying to get her picture for awhile!

I am so glad it all worked out!

Kris Long said...

Brooke,
Those pictures are amazing! You must be thrilled ~
Kris