"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Danny Boy

My sweet Danny turned 8 yesterday. Where did the years go? I remember so well the 27 hours of labor and the moment when they handed him to me. I remember watching him roll over the first time and as I was calling Ben on the phone he rolled across the room. I remember watching him play with friends and thinking how good God is to give us such an amazing young man. I remember cuddling him and wondering how I would ever be able to love another child as much as I loved Danny.



Thank you Danny for teaching me to be a good mommy. For being patient with me when I made mistakes and for laughing with me over the silly jokes we share. I will forever be thankful for you, my sweet Danny Boy!



We celebrated his birthday with 10 of his classmates and friends. Since his birthday is in February it is really hard to have a party that is both economical and sane. This year we chose to have games at home and roast hotdogs. It turned into a hotdog roasting campfire song birthday and was truly my favorite party ever! We spent less than $40 and the kids all had a great time! Ben led the kids in some super fun campfire songs and then the kids each ate as many smores as they could. It was a perfect was to celebrate Danny's big day!

No comments: