"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day!

Danny and Lilly are home with a case of impetigo. (A very contagious rash that is easy to treat) Which is why I got to watch the inauguration with 3 of my kiddos this morning. It was so special to be able to explain the prayers to the kids. When Rick Warren prayed for safety for the President and his family, Addy asked me why he said that. I told her that sometimes mean people want to hurt the president. In her cute 3-year-old way she made her mouth into a huge circle and said, "Oh NO!" The morning was very emotional, I was surprised at my reactions. I cried as I watched the peaceful transfer of power. I cried when I watched George W Bush wave at the crowd. I cried when President Obama messed up his oath (it was nice to see him a little flustered). I cried as I watched the crowd cheer. It was really an amazing moment. My favorite moment was when the kids had this conversation:

Danny: This is great! I am watching HISTORY. America made HISTORY!

Lilly: What?

Danny: This is important. The first black president.

Lilly: (eyes wide) WOW! I've never been part of history before!

1 comment:

Kathyb1960 said...

And not only did Rick Warren pray in the Name of Jesus, he also led in the crowd in the Lord's Prayer! I thought that was FANTASTIC!

Pres Bush flew to my hometown when he left DC. He gave a fabulous speech, and was warmly welcomed. It was GREAT!