"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, October 31, 2008

Answered Prayers

I got 2 exciting emails this morning the first one said that our package made it to Sodo and a nun who runs one of the orphanages will be getting it to Mesalech. I am so excited that she will soon have letters, pictures, and Christmas presents for the boys.

This is the other email from one of Ben's aunts...

I need to share a story with you. I journal regularly. I was reading through one of my devotional journals the other morning during my quiet time and came across the prayer requests in my journal for October 26, 1999. I include in a section called “At Your Feet” the prayer requests of that day. Written there were your names, Ben and Brooke, with the following request: “bless them with comfort and many children.” I had to smile. God indeed answers prayers. I don’t remember all the things that you were going through in 1999 but we can truly celebrate the faithfulness of God. And how!

I know what was going on. We had just had the first of MANY miscarriages and we were having a hard time. I was angry. Ben was quiet. We were both really angry and really sad. I was thinking the other day about how when bad things happen we always talk about it in terms of "Gods plan" and how He has better things for us. At the time I was too sad to think about the beautiful plan God had... But now I can see that our miscarriages have been used to help others who are going through the same thing. I can also see that God had 2 cute little African kiddos who would need a new mommy a couple years later. I wonder what they were doing while I sat in the hospital crying? God also knew that I would someday carry 3 more adorable kids and while I was nearing my due date with Danny, Mesalech was celebrating her pregnancy with Jacob. NOW I can see that HIS plan for our life truly has been better than anything I could have imagined. And for that, I am truly thankful.

No comments: