"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, September 5, 2008

Tell Me the Good Things

Several months ago I asked some web-friends about the Good Things that adoption has taught and showed them... it was during a period of doubting and wondering if we really were supposed to DO THIS! :) I loved the responses and looked forward to my creating my own list of THE GOOD THINGS... so here it goes!




  • Ben asked the kids about their favorite part of America - they said Mom and Dad

  • watching Lilly introduce her brother Joseph to the neighbors while holding his hand

  • cuddling in bed with 6 kids!

  • watching the kids light up when they like a new food

  • watching the 6 kids play together with Polly Pockets

  • listening to the kids giggle and whisper from their bunk beds when they are supposed to be sleeping

  • knowing, without any doubt, that God had this planned for us from the beginning

  • getting a phone call from a kid who doesn't speak English and still thinks talking on the phone is so cool

  • watching the kids with their own friends at school

  • teaching the kids songs in English
  • Watching the kids argue because I know that they have bonded

No comments: