"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Summer Blues

Right now I am sitting in a class (well we are actually on a break) learning about the new math standards. I am excited to see that the new standards are have more depth to them at each grade level so that we don't feel like we are always having to teach everything every year. This is good.

I am so sad that school is almost starting. As much as I love the first day of school, I guess I love summer more. I love way everyone wakes up slowly in the morning and the relaxed feel of the day. Oh well. All good things must come to an end.

The kids are all sad that school is still 3 weeks away. They would be happy to start tomorrow. We will be setting a new record at Bethlehem. We will have 5 siblings enrolled at 1 time! It will be wonderful to have them all together at 1 school. Joseph is excited for school soccer and can't wait to play - he is lamenting the fact that it has been 3 months since he has played.

Well class is starting...

No comments: