"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Our 1st Fourth

The flags are by the car. The blanket and chairs are in the Suburban. The red, white, and blue clothes are clean. The Frog Eye Salad is in the fridge. The cooler is ready to go. The hotdog buns are on the counter and the ingredients for homemade ice cream are in the fridge. We decided that our kids first 4th of July should be special! So in honor of all things American (ooohhh... I forgot Apple Pie) we will be heading off to the parade tomorrow morning and then enjoying a good ol' picnic dinner with Grandma and Grandpa tomorrow evening. For the fireworks we will either go to the free spot we have discovered and enjoy them on blankets in the dirt... or maybe we will pay the 10 bucks and sit in the park and enjoy the "ooohs and ahhs" of all the people around us. Whatever we decide will be great and I am super excited to share this day with our kids.

The freedoms we enjoy in America are very foreign to our kids. There is no Free Press in Ethiopia, no citizens own land. They are controled in every way by a misguided government. I heard someone once say that women who are born in America are the luckiest woman alive. So tomorrow I will enjoy my freedoms, my newspaper and internet, being able to drive, my home and my children and I will thank God that I can spend the day with my family!

Happy 4th of July

1 comment:

darrendiane1 said...

Happy 4th of July !!!! We hope this is a very special one for everyone.