"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

How things have changed

People ask us all the time about how life has changed with 6 kids... I decided to make a list of the ways our home and life have changed and how we keep sane!
  • Chore Lists!!!!!!!! Addy is the only one who does not get a list. The list includes bed making, teeth brushing, room cleaning, 1 daily household chore, 2 "school periods", and 1 big chore each day. By big chore I mean cleaning the family room or the van. It has been working well (but it has only been 4 days).
  • Putting away all my cute little pots and pans and bringing in the humongous pots that I used to only use when Ben's basketball team came for dinner.
  • Paper Plates - bad for the environment -- GOOD for me! I am weaning myself though.
  • A new cell phone that has a super easy calendar that has an alarm to remind me of everything.
  • Grandpa taking over math tutoring for the 2 big kids.
  • I asked for silverware for my birthday -- and I got it! 2 huge Costco packs of pretty silverware!
  • Benches instead of chairs for the kitchen table.
  • Water bottles instead of cups for meals and quick drinks. We keep them filled in the door of the fridge and the kids grab those instead of cups, usually.
  • Colored towels... each kid has a color.
  • Laundry baskets for each child to store their clothes. We got rid of all our dressers and it is going well!
  • Mandatory nap time for the 4 little kids - the boys read and Ben and I work on school stuff with Marta and Joseph.

I am sure that I am forgetting a couple things, but these are just a couple of ways that we are making life work!

No comments: