"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, July 17, 2008

English Language 101

We have so many funny moments around our house as the kids learn English and try to correct their daily mix up of their f's and p's... Flip Flops are Plip Plops and Kung Fu Panda is Kung Pu Fanda. Chipmunks are Chipmonkeys and next week we are going to BigFork Lake in Hannah Montana. I must laugh 59 times each day. The kids are working super hard to learn English and seem like they have a list of words each day that they don't understand. Today I did great pantomimes of the words "bratty", "knight", "night", and "continents". Apparently Marta missed that part of 5th grade in Ethiopia and she was mightily confused. We got out the globe and a map and Ben did a great lesson!

Tomorrow we are going shopping for Marta's birthday at the story. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. My husband and I are just now filling out all the paperwork for our homestudy. We are hoping to adopt two brothers from Ethiopia. I would love to ask you some questions. My email is saruholston@msn.com. Thanks for the great blog.

Sarah