"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Defining Moments

I will be 35 very soon and I am so thankful for the 35 years I have had... So here is a breakdown of the last 35 years... give or take.


  1. I was born

  2. My sister was born

  3. We moved to Idaho

  4. We learned how to make snow forts and were sure that Santa landed on our roof. There was also a bat in our living room. I can still hear my mom screaming.

  5. We moved back to California

  6. Mrs. Richter (my 1st grade teacher) said I should stop saying I was sick when I wasn't.

  7. I found out that I absolutely love to read.

  8. I had 2 cats named Tuffy and Mrs. T

  9. I got braces - which I wore for the next 4 years.

  10. I started babysitting for money. Cody was 2 and Casey was a baby.

  11. I went to Mt. Giliad camp for the first time and learned about God.

  12. My parent's seperated

  13. I got my braces off

  14. I started High School - I was a cheerleader! :)

  15. My mom met and married Paul - he is a great step-dad

  16. I got a car for my 16th birthday and my brother Luke was born

  17. I worked as a cook at Mt. Giliad (actually I did that every summer throughout HS and part of college)

  18. Went to California Lutheran University - I was so nervous.

  19. Decided to become a teacher

  20. I met BEN!

  21. Turned 21 -- need I say more???

  22. Graduated from college with my Teaching Credential

  23. Taught 1st Grade at Bethlehem Lutheran School and got engaged!

  24. Got married!

  25. Taught 1st and 2nd grade in Mesa - went on a week long rafting trip on the Salmon River

  26. Had 2 miscarriages...

  27. Gave birth to Danny Paul - one of the greatest kids ever!

  28. Learned to be a mom

  29. Had Lilly - one of the cuddliest babies ever - with the cutest cheeks.

  30. Went back to work "full time" teaching 1st grade.

  31. Started working "part time" in my new job as Math Teacher

  32. Had Addy - oh what a sweet baby girl!

  33. Loved being a mom!

  34. Adopted 3 of the most terrific kids ever, traveled to Ethiopia and learned to be a mom to 6 great kids!

  35. My hope is that the next 35 years are just as fabulous!

No comments: