"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, May 29, 2008

We're on a roll...

Seriously... what is going on around here?

Jacob and Danny had baseball tonight while Ben drove Joseph to soccer in Richland. I had 5 kids, he had 1 - wouldn't you know tonight would be the night of a very dramatic baseball game! Jacob was playing 3rd base when a ball bounced and caught him HARD in the nose. At first I thought he was OK (probably because he tried to make the play after the injury) but then there were 3 people surrounding him and I was running. I got to him and saw blood pretty much pouring from his nose. His shirt was soaked with blood and he was looking a little woozy. I helped him off the field and we administered ice and nose squeezing and other important things. I was so glad that one of the moms on the team is a nurse and also has a son in Kindergarten with Jacob so she knew all about him and was right there with me. After about 10 minutes I moved him over to the chairs and had him rest. He was dying to get back in the game and I was not about to let him go - he was still bleeding. After another 10 minutes or so he was ready, and he JUMPED out of the chair when I told him he could go back in! He finished out the game just fine and we headed to McDonalds for an ice cream - I really needed it! :)

When we got home I helped with showers and started soaking Jacob's clothes in the sink. While I was busy with that Addy was busy with nail polish and long wearing lipstick - all over her lips and fingers! I waited until she was sleeping to get this picture!

I sent everyone to bed...

Oh yeah, AND I dropped the bike rack thing on Ben's foot and he is limping and it is bruised - at the rate I am going, he will probably hurt it again tomorrow and will neet to be in a cast for 10 weeks! :)

No comments: