"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day - Party of 8

I loved yesterday…  it was a day that was perfect in every way!

 

7:00 am  - sleeping

 

7:30 am – sleeping

 

8:00 am – awakened by Lilly, my most enthusiastic daughter, who BOUNDS into my room with a plate of waffles, an apple and followed by Ben who is carrying my hot chocolate.  He says she has been planning this for 2 weeks.  My heart swells.  Breakfast is followed by a “mommy sandwich” this is where all the kids (minus Joseph who was still sleeping) pile on top of me to make a sandwich – cute huh?  I am then serenaded by the most “beautiful” rendition of “Happy Mother’s Day To You” which seems to go on and on and on.  The kids then head off to watch TV, read, play and I get to take a really long shower – all by myself! 

 

9:00am – I am surrounded by 6 kids who are shoving  sweetly pushing their homemade cards in my face towards my waiting hands.  I cannot tell you how much those cards mean to me.  Later, as I was cleaning up Marta saw me pick up the cards and the wrapping paper and head to the kitchen, she pointed at the cards and said, “garbage???”  I quickly told her no and hugged them to me – I wish you could have seen her smile!

 

10:00 am – we head to Ice Harbor Dam to watch the fish… it was so fun and the kids all enjoyed seeing the salmon swim upstream.  Ben showed them the pictures and models of the dam and after a while I think the big kids understood (maybe) how the dam makes electricity.  My favorite part of the day was when we sat in the theatre at the dam.  The kids jumped up on stage and each did a fantastic “show” for us!  It was fabulous.  I think we might have the next Partridge Family!

 

12:00 – dinner at Grandma and Grandpas with GG…  We gave them all digital picture frames and it was so fun to watch the Grandmas enjoy the pictures.

 

2:00 – home to play and hang out!  The kids LOVE to play outside

 

4:00 – haircuts for the boys… OK, this part of the day was NOT SO GREAT!  Jacob cried when I cut his hair – whatever made me think that I could cut their hair??????????????????????  Danny actually laughed when he saw it!  Seriously – I was really stupid!  It looks much better now, but next time I am letting Ben do it!  J

 

5:00 -  Off to Pet Co to buy dog food – the kids think that BUYING rats is the strangest thing they have ever heard of… closely followed by the act of buying TOYS for the RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

 

5:30 – I get dropped off at Bible Study (an hour early) so that I can enjoy some Starbuck’s and my devotion/lesson in solitude! 

 

8:30 – Home in time to kiss everyone goodnight and asleep by 9:30

 

Life is GOOD!

No comments: