"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Home

I am home from 30 hours away and it FEELS SO GOOD! I walked in the door to huge hugs and kisses (it was so sweet) then Ben whisked me away for a quick date! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for watching the kiddos - it was a wonderful treat for us!

My test is done and it went pretty well. I COMPLETELY bombed 1 question and another 1 is causing me a little anxiety but overall it went well and I didn't cry! :) In fact, I did cartwheels (REALLY) when I was done - I did wait until I got outside!

Joseph asked me, "test good, mom?" I said, "4 tests good, 2 tests bad!" All the kids started clapping and saying, "Yay, mom! 4 tests good - YAY!!!" I love these kids!

Now, what???? The past 9 months have been totally and completely swallowed up with Natioanl Boards and adoption.... I think it is time to just be - and maybe exercise a bit too! Thank you all for your prayers - what a blessing!

One of the people waiting for their test had 1 Corinthians 13 written on a post it on the book she was reading. I thought that was such a strange verse to encourage you for a test. But as I read it again - I have decided it was the perfect verse and I am thankful that God helped me glimpse it today. It puts it all into perspective for me! While National Boards are important (and the raise will be nice) God has much greater things for me - eternal blessings and the love of 6 perfect kids! Thank you, Lord!

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels (or National Board Jargon), but have not love,
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love,
I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

No comments: