"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Today

Today we are on our way to Portland to see an Adoption MD. She specializes in Adoptive Medicine and I have hear she is great. When I told my students that I would be gone today one of the students interrupted to ask what I was doing. I have been working really hard to teach them to wait until I call on them, so I kept explaining that even though I would be gone for the day I wanted them to be good. While I was explaining my expectations for their good behavior I overheard one of the kids say to THE INTERRUPTER, "OH! She's going to pick up more kids!" At that point, while laughing, I explained that I was just taking the kids to the doctor and that I was NOT going to be picking up any more kids! :) We WILL be visiting Aunt Rebecca (the kids are so excited to see her), eating some yummy Ethiopian food, shopping for injera and maybe Merinda (Marta's favorite drink). It promised to be a busy day!

No comments: