"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, April 6, 2008

HOME






















We are so very, very, very glad to be home. What a fabulous time in Ethiopia and I would go back (with all of us) in a heartbeat. Our homecoming was everything I hoped it would be. Lilly and Marta have been kissing each other since they met! Danny and Jacob Esrael are already best friends and Joseph Addisu and Addy had a great time on the trampoline together. What an amazing time. Our first dinner last night was beautiful (thanks Alyssa) and it was so good to be all together. One of my favorite moments was when my Suburban was FULL of MY kids! I had thought about that moment 1000 times and it was better than I hoped. Everything has been better than I had dreamt it could be. We are so thankful! Please continue to pray for our family as we fall IN LOVE with one another. The kids have loved each other from afar for a long time... falling in love takes more time and I pray that the kids can do this. Tonight when I woke up and started praying for the kids, Ben, and our new life I stopped to check on the kids. I found Marta in her bed praying. This is the second time that I have woken up praying and found her doing the same. She had tears in her eyes and was praying so passionately. I am so glad to be home, the blondies are so glad we are home, and our newest kiddos while so happy are also terrified. I pray that they will know that we love them, that daily we are falling deeper IN LOVE with them and that all 6 of them are gifts from the Lord and EVERYTHING that Ben and I prayed for.

5 comments:

darrendiane1 said...

Ben and Brooke,
What a great looking family. You all are so happy. Glad you had a great trip. We hope to come over soon, if it ever quits snowing up at the pass.

Anonymous said...

Brooke & Ben,

So glad that your family is finally all together again. I'm visiting my mom in the Tacoma area and she has been looking at your blog with me, waiting to hear of your arrival. You all look tired and happy!! Try to get some sleep. Can't wait to meet the new members of your family!
Diane

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!!! We too have longed for this day. God bless and please, more pictures!!!!
In Him,
Janelle B

Kristy said...

What a joy to see these precious children home with their loving family! You have been covered in much prayer by us and the many other friends of the Beauchemins!

Anonymous said...

You are a precious family to give those sweet children a home and a family to love them, God bless you all. Janelle has been keeping us all updated and to see the pictures well I am just sitting here crying. You go and enjoy your beautiful family
deezie