"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Words cannot explain...

Truly today was one of the best days of my life.  I was praying that God would prepare me so that if our reception was luke warm... I would not be disappointed.  That was not necessary!  We walked in the gates to the care center and were met by a smiling Addisu who attacked me with kisses and hugs and I love you Mommies... It was truly incredible.  He and Daddy hugged and both cried for several minutes.  Esrael was next with a HUGE smile and more kisses and hugs.  Oh, he and Danny are going to be trouble! :)  After going on a tour of their "compound" we then walked to find Marta.  That girl has the most beautiful smile and she and Lilly are going to have so much fun together.  The reception that we got was again one of the most amazing moments ever.  She kissed and hugged me for at least 3 minutes then moved to Daddy.  It was wonderful!  We then toured Marta's home and saw how much she will be missed.  As we prepared to leave the girls area the nannies prayed over the kids which was a holy experience if ever I had one... When we got back to the hotel we had a lot of firsts...
  • elevator ride - Marta and Esrael still are grabbing the bar each time, although Esrael has figured out the buttons and is enjoying that
  • swimming - seriously hysterical!  We will be starting swimming lessons soon
  • fruit juices from the fruit bar in GLASSES!
  • dinner at a restaurant WITH pop
  • pajamas (I think)
  • beauty salon - Marta has a gorgeous head of hair
  • putting together a puzzle - thanks Paige, Amy, Andrea and Pam
  • Watching ESPN
  • Talking to Danny and Lilly and Grandma on the phone - that was so cool
  • playing on the toys at the Hilton - they ALL loved the slide, even though we had to make :) Addisu try it!
I don't even know what else to say... other than we have 6 amazing children - Thank you, Jesus

I don't know where the pictures are, but we will post them later today!  Love you all... please keep praying as we continue our adventure.  Esrael has a bad cold and we are going to find meds today.  Ben, Rebecca and I are feeling better and pray that we continue to feel good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!
What a beautiful family that God has brought together.

Roxanna ><>