"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, March 28, 2008

We are on our way...

Right now we are sitting in the Portland airport waiting... our flight is delayed 2 hours BUT we will still make our connecting flight to Frankfurt... we hope! Be praying for continued travel blessings. We were so thankful this morning that even though our flight was delayed they waived our extra baggage fees which saved us $180 - woo hoo! I can't believe that we are here... how many times have I said that? My sister is traveling with us and she too keeps saying that. I am so glad that she is here and can't believe that we will get to spend this time together. I think this may be the most uninterrupted time we will have spent together in 14 years... when Pearl Jam was still cool.

We just got to talk to the blond kids... they are doing great! They all are having fun with Grandma and Grandpa and they slept great! I am so glad!

The bad news of the day is that I forgot my hair curler for my bangs. It is this velcro-thingy that I wear each morning to give my bangs a bit of "curl." Pretty much everyone I see each morning, including the ladies at Some Bagels" get to see my hair curler... but no longer! I have about 30 of them and they are ALL at home, or in the car, or in my purse, or -- you get the picture! So this morning I borrowed scissors from the front desk guy and did a little trim job! It is not pretty (sorry, Kristen). My sister said that it looks like I cut my hair at 5 am... ooops! Ben and Rebecca have also entertained themselves with a whole William Hung (the guy from American Idol a couple years ago) comedy routine about my hair... oh well! :)


We would love to hear your comments... they will take a while to appear, but we are excited to hear from you all!


Boys and Girls at school... be good today! Smile for Ms. B and get to WORK!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke,
Relax, have fun, and let God handle the rest!! Remember, God has been in charge so far and look how well things have turned out.
Diane

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you!! I am excited to follow along on your blog as your journey begins! Suzanne, Cait, and Meli