"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Big day!

Brooke's sister here... I'm not sure if the emailed blog posts are
working, but figured I'd give it a go today anyhow because today was so
exciting.

We went and picked up the kids today! They are absolutely wonderful, as
expected. I think they're also a bit overwhelmed, but that was also
expected. Brooke and Ben are both extremely happy. This is definitely
the smilingest day I've had in a long, long time. Although Addisu and
Marta speak some English, it's still difficult to explain a lot of
things (snow, for instance). Most of the communication today has
consisted of smiles, hugs, and kisses -- lots of kisses from Marta!

We didn't do much other than drive over to CWA, pick up the kids, and
come back to the hotel/resort. Brooke, Ben and the kids went swimming,
but I was rounding up sunblock and sneaking in a quick snack, so I
missed it. Dinner involved a lot of attempts to explain things that
usually ended in laughter. I think it's wonderful how much Addisu,
Marta, and Esrael all smile their beautiful smiles. They seem to have
good senses of humor, too, which will help the transition a lot, I
think. The kids all like pizza and Esrael really likes french fries.

Unfortunately, we only have internet access in my hotel room, so you'll
have to wait for a first-hand account of the day from Brooke. They are
all upstairs in their room, bonding, watching TV and by now, probably
sleeping. Tomorrow, we head out to do paper work type things and will
probably do some shopping or fit in another activity. I don't think
we've decided exactly what yet, but it will undoubtedly be very
interesting and new!

Lots of love to my other nephew and nieces, and anyone else who happens
along. What an amazing day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! We can't wait to meet your new beautiful children! We love you!

Jim, Debbie, Layton and Lexi

Sherry said...

I hadn't had a chance to get here and check the blog the last few days, so I was wondering how it went...and I can see from the photos on Flikr that all looks to be going great!

I am so excited to hear all the details when you return. Oh...and your email blogging worked fine in case no one told you yet. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting! This is Brooke's web board friend, Cherie, and the pictures are beautiful. They look so happy! :)