"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Waiting

I am SO not good at this... I think that might be a reacuring theme here! Truly, the waiting is the hardest part!
Waiting for the call...
Waiting for the money...
Waiting for new pictures...
Waiting to pass court...
Waiting to travel...
Waiting and praying that becoming A FAMILY of 8 will be seamless. Several friends who have recently adopted were sharing what it is like... The transition for most has been easier than they expected, but they have been surprised at the things that have been hard. One of the most poignant comments I heard was that... "there wasn't any exciting things to wait for anymore". Being sad that you are no longer waiting seems strange in some ways, yet in other ways I totally get it. I love that when I go to sleep each night and pray that I get to imagine such an exciting time... the trip to Africa, meeting the kids, introducing them to their brother and sisters. I love that, and in a small way - I can imagine that I will miss the anticipation too.

On the whole National Board note... Entry 4 is DONE!!! Entry 3 will be finished as soon as I stop blogging and I hope to finish Entry 2 by tomorrow night!!!! I am taking a class on Saturday which will help me finish Entry 1! So, I should for sure be able to PACK IT AND MAIL IT ON Tuesday!!!!!!!! Hooray!

No comments: