"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Great News!

All 9 of the families passed their court dates today! That is WONDERFUL news!!! I am so excited for these kiddos and their parents!

A friend emailed me today to remind me that this whole adventure is on God's time... not mine! OH, how easily I think I have it all under control. It makes me remember when I was learning to drive and I KNEW what I was doing... but my mom NEVER stopped making those "braking motions" with her feet anytime we came within 500 yards of an obstacle. I guess I am a bit like my mom that way... God is driving JUST FINE but I have to add my 2 cents in and check in everyone once in a while with... "do you see that up there... don't forget to stop there... remember, to use your brake...OK - I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! I WILL TAKE OVER NOW!"

So, I will continue to pray for my March 5th court date - but I will remember that I don't get to TAKE OVER on this one... just like I didn't let my mom take over when I was learning to drive :)

Tonight was a special night at our church. We are celebrating Lent and had the traditional Soup Supper before hand. This is the highlight of the church year for my children - THEY LOVE SOUP SUPPER!!! The last 2 weeks we have missed, and Lilly cried both times! Anyway... without our knowledge, our church collected an offering tonight to be donated to our adoption expenses - our church is awesome! They also contacted THRIVENT who agreed to match funds for the evening! What a huge blessing they are to us, for their wonderful prayer support and their financial support as well!

No comments: