"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Questions

A fellow Ethiopian Adopts mom was sharing her struggles with what to tell her children when they ask why.
  • Why did my mom and dad have to die?
  • Why didn't God answer me when I asked him to save her?
  • Why?
  • Why?
  • Why?

What will we tell them? Because I seriously have no good answer. I know that God uses rotten circumstances for good, but will that bring comfort to a child whose entire life has been turned upside down? I doubt it...

So here is my plan... I will pray with my kids, we will cry together and I will listen when they tell me how perfect their other mom was... And when they ask me why... I will tell them that I don't know, and that I am sorry because I think I would have loved their mom too.

No comments: